SU Fuel pump clones
There are many SU fuel pump clones made in Germany, New Zealand, Japan etc. Some examples:
- Harting, Germany (became later Hugo; not to be confused with Huco)
- Hardi, Germany (still manufacturing modern electrical fuel pumps)
- AutoPulse (Walbro), USA
- MoProd (ECCO), New Zealand
Harting Fuel Pumps
Hardi fuel pumps.
Technical data for the Hardi type J 58 pump:
- Capacity: 60 litre/hr (13.5 Imp. gallon/hr)
- Suction height: 1 metre (40 inches)
- Pressure: 0.2 bar.
- Contact points clearance: 1.2 mm (0.05 inch)
- Connections: BSSP ⅜ “
- Weight: 1.3 kilo
Autopulse (Walbro) USA Fuel Pumps
Moprod (New Zealand) Fuel Pumps
Moprod is a manufacturer of automotive parts including fuel pumps, mostly mechanical but also electrical ones. Some have a total plastic body. Supplies are still possible via various sources. More modern fuel pump versions have type numbers in the range FP 500E, FP 503E, etc.
Normally SU spare parts don’t fit the above clones. Spare parts are for most brands no longer available.
Points for Harting fuel pump as found on Ebay. VERA was a major US Import Auto Parts distributor for a short period in the early 1980’s, like Bap-Geon and Beck Arnley and World Parts.